Monday, October 20, 2014
1. The 5th and 6th grade girls basketball team were once again victorious this weekend beating North Huron and Marlette improving their record to 6-0. They travel to North Huron next Saturday to take on Kingston and Cass City.
2. Attention Students: With the cooler weather, we want to remind everyone that all coats and bags / backpacks are to be secured in your lockers. Students are not allowed to wear coats or to bring backpacks / bags to classrooms. If a student does wear a coat or bring a bag to class, they will be asked to put it in their locker."
3. Junior high football players need to report to the cafeteria right after school today for your team dinner.
4. The Sanilac County College Night will be held tonight from 6:30 until 8:00 p.m. at the Sandusky High School Gymnasium. This is the night for juniors, seniors, and parents to meet with universities, colleges, military, technical schools, and cosmetology schools.
5. Theatre 13 announces that tryouts for its fall play, “Sunrise Boulevard” will be held tonight and tomorrow night at 7:00 p.m. in the cafetorium. This show is a comedy/mystery and open auditions are open to students in grades 9 through 12.
6. The middle school student council meeting is rescheduled for second hour tomorrow.
7. There will be a middle school/high school quiz bowl meeting after school tomorrow.
8. Parents night for junior varsity and varsity volleyball players will be held tomorrow night between the junior varsity and varsity games. Parents night for the varsity football team will be on Friday, October 24th. Mrs. Hooper will let you know if this will take place prior to the game or at half time.
9. Maier Driving Education will have a Segment II class this Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Deckerville High School in Room 120. CPS students are welcome!
10. There will be an English Academic Games meeting after school for about an hour in Mr. Laur’s room this Thursday. We will be discussing “Life in the Iron Mills.” If you don’t have a copy, see Alley or Mr. Laur.
11. The NHS Coats For Kids collection ends this Thursday. New or gently used coats, hats, scarves, or snow pants are needed. A box is located in front of the high school office. There is a flyer in the high school office if you have questions or are in need of a donation.
12. There will be a NHS meeting on Friday in the IMC at 7:30 a.m.
1. Attention Parents and Students: Our lost and found collection is growing quickly. We will have a table set up in the library every Thursday from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. with these items. Please check to see if anything belongs to you.
2. The 2013-2014 school year yearbooks are in! If you ordered one, you can pick it up in the high school office.
3. Any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in playing basketball, please sign up in the guidance office with Mrs. Hooper.
4. YAC will be sponsoring Cardboard City for 9 through 12th grades on Saturday, October 25th at 6:00 p.m. until Sunday, October 26th at 8:00 a.m. The cost is $25 or can be sponsored by local businesses. Permission slips and more information are available in the office.
5. SC4 College Night will be held Tuesday, October 28th from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. in the Citizens First Michigan Technical Center.